1958: International Council Badges
Delegates to the 48th Convention held at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, during June 1958 authorized the creation of badges for members of the Grand Council. Broader than the normal badge with a crescent in white, these badges were replicas of the Founders’ originals. The president’s badge is set with diamonds; the other Council members’ are set with pearls. When a member retires from office, she passes her badge on to her successor, receiving a replica in gratitude from the Sorority.
Pictured above: Beatrice Locke Hogan’s (Oregon, 1912) Grand Council – now called International Council – badge.