Alpha Alpha Chapter
Alpha Alpha Chapter was installed at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, on October 30, 1919.
The first Canadian chapter of Gamma Phi Beta was originally a local society, the Delta Phi Club, organized in 1913. An inspection visit by Chairman of Expansion Irene Caykendall Garrett (Syracuse, 1915) and Louise Bryan Burgess (Syracuse, 1894) followed a petition from the local group. Twenty-five members were initiated by an initiating team of collegians from Alpha Chapter (Syracuse) and Zeta Chapter (Goucher), thus making Gamma Phi Beta an international sorority.
Pictured above: Alpha Alpha Chapter members in 1920.