Alpha Chi Chapter
Alpha Chi Chapter was installed at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, on January 14, 1933.
Alpha Chi Chapter (William & Mary) was colonized by Helen Harrison Bickelhaupt (Wisconsin-Madison, 1911), Ann Chapman (Wisconsin-Madison, 1887), Margaret Sorg (Hollins, 1921), L. Alvahn Holmes (Goucher, 1915) and Nancy Conklin. An invitation to install the chapter in the historic Apollo Room of the Phi Beta Kappa Memorial Hall was issued by the administration and accepted with deep appreciation. The Installation was conducted by Millicent Lees Hoffman (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1906) and Louise Durst Smith (Wisconsin-Madison, 1901), aided by members of Zeta Chapter (Goucher) and Alpha Sigma Chapter (Randolph-Macon Woman’s). Twenty charter members were initiated on the campus of one of the oldest coeducational universities in America.
Pictured above: The Alpha Chi Chapter facility as shown in The Crescent, May 1933.