Alpha Omicron Chapter
Alpha Omicron Chapter was installed at North Dakota State University in Fargo, North Dakota, on February 1, 1930. Alpha Omicron Chapter was closed on December 31, 1992.
The petitioning group that became Alpha Omicron Chapter (North Dakota State) was an old local group called Sigma Theta which had flourished for 22 years on the campus. A distinguished group of International officers officiated the Installation including Grand President* Elizabeth Davidson Barbour (Northwestern, 1909), Sara Preston Finley (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1904) and Marie Moreland Simmons (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1903). Members of Alpha Kappa Chapter (Manitoba), Alpha Beta Chapter (North Dakota) and Kappa Chapter (Minnesota-Twin Cities) conducted the initiation where 25 members were installed as charter members.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Alpha Omicron Chapter’s new members in 1941.