Alpha Phi Chapter
Alpha Phi Chapter was installed at Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on October 15, 1932. Alpha Phi Chapter was closed on December 22, 1995.
Before becoming a chapter of Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Phi Chapter (Colorado College) was a six-year-old club known as Zetalethian. In 1932, the college administration gave permission for national sororities to enter the campus and Zetalethian was sponsored by a distinguished group of Colorado alumnae, including Lindsey Barbee (Denver, 1897), Lucy Moore Lennox (Denver, 1905) and Louise Robinson Wyatt (Denver, 1916), as well as Flora Dudd Microw (Syracuse). The group was initiated in the Pilgrim Room of Shove Chapel, a gift to the college by the brother of Blanche Shove Palmer (Syracuse, 1878), founder of Gamma Phi Beta endowment fund. Grand President* Millicent Lees Hoffman (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1906) installed the chapter, assisted by Elizabeth Ann Bosworth and members of Theta Chapter (Denver) and Tau Chapter (Colorado State). The chapter had 24 charter members.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Members of the Alpha Phi Chapter baseball team in September 1933.