Alpha Upsilon Chapter
Alpha Upsilon Chapter was installed at Pennsylvania State University in State College, Pennsylvania, on May 21, 1932.
Alpha Upsilon Chapter (Penn State) originated as a local club called Laodelphia, meaning sisterhood. Following receipt of their petition, a formal inspection was made by Anne McEwan Robinson (Goucher, 1921) and Mary West Easterbrook (Washington University, 1921). Grand President* Millicent Lees Hoffman (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1906) installed the chapter, and the services were attended by members of Alpha Chapter (Syracuse), Alpha Eta Chapter (Ohio Wesleyan) and Alpha Pi Chapter (West Virginia). The chapter had 21 charter members.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Alpha Upsilon Chapter members at the chapter’s installation as shown in The Crescent, September 1932.