Alpha Zeta Chapter
Alpha Zeta Chapter was installed at the University of Texas-Austin in Austin, Texas, on May 29, 1922. Alpha Zeta Chapter was closed on February 1, 1988.
The second chapter to be installed in 1922 was formerly the Sigma Club, organized the previous year. Florence Mitchell Smith (Northwestern, 1895) was the official inspector of the group following submission of a petition to the Seattle Convention of Gamma Phi Beta and with her approval a charter was granted. The formal Installation was conducted by Florence Mitchell Smith, Eula Fullerton (Oklahoma, 1920), Augusta Lee Sullivan (Oklahoma), Bess Logan (Missouri-Columbia) and Ethel Tucker Garth (Denver, 1906). Fourteen candidates were initiated.
Pictured above: Members of Alpha Zeta Chapter sitting on their chapter facility porch in 1926.