Beta Rho Chapter
Beta Rho Chapter was installed at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado, on March 14, 1954.
Beta Rho Chapter (Colorado-Boulder) was colonized through the combined efforts of Gamma Phi Beta’s chapters in Colorado: Theta Chapter (Denver), Tau Chapter (Colorado State) and Alpha Phi Chapter (Colorado College), and was directed by Chairman of Expansion Ruth Bartels Fox (Northwestern, 1916). There were six exchange students who assisted in organizing the first new member class. There were 22 members initiated on March 14, 1954, when the chapter was installed by Grand President* Evelyn Gooding Dippell (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1933).
Beta Rho Chapter closed on May 15, 1995, and was reinstalled on October 2, 1999.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Beta Rho Chapter’s new members in 1959.