Beta Tau Chapter
Beta Tau Chapter was installed at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, on March 10, 1956. Beta Tau Chapter was closed on May 11, 2001.
There were 32 women welcomed to Gamma Phi Beta on October 26, 1955, forming a colony three years after sororities were admitted to the campus and college Panhellenic invited Gamma Phi Beta to colonize. Organization of the group was under the supervision of Chairman of Expansion Fay Davis Deupree (Oklahoma, 1926). Grand President* Elizabeth Fee Arnold (Colorado State, 1923) installed the chapter and the members of Alpha Xi Chapter (Southern Methodist) came from Dallas, Teresa to take charge of the Initiation ceremony for 27 charter members and one alumna initiate. College Panhellenic gave the tea introducing Beta Tau Chapter (Texas Tech) to the campus.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Beta Tau Chapter President Pat Johnson receiving the chapter’s charter from International Grand President Elizabeth Fee Arnold (Colorado State, 1923) in 1956.