Delta Beta Chapter
Delta Beta Chapter was installed at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho, on February 21, 1970. Delta Beta Chapter was closed on July 1, 1991.
The colony for Delta Beta Chapter (Boise State) was formed on September 27, 1969, when collegiate members of Xi Chapter (idaho) officiated at pledging ceremonies. Colonization procedures in Boise were under the direction of Mary Babbitt Bilby (Arizona, 1941), director of expansion and Nancy Kaible (Indiana State), field secretary*. On the afternoon of February 21, 1970, Initiation, installation and a model chapter meeting were held at the First Christian Church with members from Beta Iota Chapter (Idaho State) conducting the ceremonies. The Pink Carnation Banquet was held that evening at the Downtowner Motel, when the charter of Delta Beta Chapter was presented to Chapter President Mary Jackson Baldwin (Boise State) by Grand President** Barbara Burns Hiscock (University of Washington, 1939).
*Field secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Delta Beta Chapter charter members in 1970.