Delta Epsilon Chapter
Delta Epsilon Chapter was installed at Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth, Texas, on April 28, 1973. Delta Epsilon Chapter was closed on May 15, 2013.
Members of the local sorority Autiss became charter members of Delta Epsilon Chapter (Texas Wesleyan) of Gamma Phi beta on April 28, 1975, when Alpha Xi Chapter (Southern Methodist) conducted the Initiation service, directed by Marian Corley Hulsey (Oklahoma City), a member of the international ritual committee. The Colonization and installation were supervised by Director of Expansion Elna Magnusson Scheinfeld (Idaho), assisted by Field Secretary* Lynn Kramer Megaffin (Wichita State). Initiation was held at the First Presbyterian Church and 28 charter members and 23 alumnae initiates received their badges from Grand President Audrey Weldon Shafer (Missouri-Columbia, 1938). At the installation banquet that evening at the Ramada Inn Central, Mrs. Shafer presented the Delta Epsilon charter to Sharon Cannon (Texas Wesleyan), chapter president.
*Field secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: Grand President Audrey Weldon Shafer (Missouri-Columbia, 1938) happily presenting Delta Epsilon Chapter’s charter to Chapter President Sharon Cannon (Texas Wesleyan), as shown in The Crescent, September 1973.