Delta Nu Chapter
Delta Nu Chapter was installed at Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri, on November 12, 1977. Delta Nu Chapter was closed on February 10, 1994, and was reinstalled on March 7, 2009.
A local sorority, Sisters of Aphrodite, chose to affiliate with Gamma Phi Beta, and was welcomed in May, 1977, under the direction of Director of Expansion Lanier Selzer Moore (Southern Methodist, 1955). Collegiate Consultant* Karen Hedine (University of Washington) remained with the colony during its new member training period. Alumnae Field Representative Karen Kreider Sweeney (Kansas) coordinated alumnae support for the colony.
On November 12, 1977, Delta Nu Chapter (Missouri State) was installed by Grand President** Betty Luker Haverfield (Missouri-Columbia, 1940), which was her last official Gamma Phi Beta appearance before her death. The Initiation ceremony was conducted by International Ritual Chairman*** Marian Corley Hulsey (Oklahoma City). At the installation banquet that evening, Mrs. Haverfield spoke, as well as presented the Delta Nu charter.
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
***International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
Pictured above: Delta Nu Chapter member at their summer retreat in 1980.