Delta Xi Chapter
Delta Xi Chapter was installed at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, on December 2, 1978. Delta Xi Chapter was closed on June 1, 1987.
Bucknell University, founded 1846, became the site of Gamma Phi Beta’s 110th chapter when members of the local sorority, Chi Alpha Theta, where welcomed under the supervision of Lanier Selzer Moore (Southern Methodist, 1955).Expansion Supervisor Karen Hedine (University of Washington), Collegiate Consultant* Kim Wolfe (Iowa State) and Alumnae Filed Representative Joan Artz (Vermont) directed their new member training period.
A severe snowstorm on the weekend of installation prevented the arrival of Grand President** Karen Wander Kline (Iowa State), Director of Expansion Lanier Selzer Moore (Southern Methodist, 1955) and International Ritual Chairman*** Pat Merrill Kempthorne (Idaho), who became stranded in various airports. The chapter was installed by former Alumnae Vice President Elizabeth Sloan Phillips (Washington University) at Rooke Chapel with Alpha Upsilon Chapter (Penn State) members as the initiating chapter. At a luncheon at the Country Cupboard, Mrs. Phillips presented the charter to the Delta Xi Chapter President Cornelia “Connie” Pechmann (Bucknell).
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
***International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
Pictured above: Some of Delta Xi Chapter’s colony members in 1978.