Gamma Alpha Chapter
Gamma Alpha Chapter was installed at the University of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee, on March 15, 1958. Gamma Alpha Chapter closed on December 9, 1983.
Gamma Alpha Chapter (Memphis) was the fourth chapter to be installed in 1958, and was colonized during the previous year. Alpha Theta Chapter (Vanderbilt) had 20 members come from Nashville, Tennessee to be in charge of the Initiation services. Grand President* Elizabeth Fee Arnold (Colorado State, 1923) presented the charter to 24 charter members.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: The Gamma Alpha Chapter president receiving the chapter’s charter from Grand President Elizabeth Fee Arnold (Colorado State, 1923) in 1958.