Gamma Eta Chapter
Gamma Eta Chapter was installed at California State University-Long Beach in Long Beach, California, on March 10, 1962.
Just a week after the installation of Gamma Zeta Chapter (Texas A&M-Commerce), a colony of 20 charter members became Gamma Eta Chapter (California State-Long Beach). The group had been colonized the previous year and welcomed by members of Beta Alpha Chapter (Southern California). The Initiation ceremony was held at the Alpha Iota Chapter (California-Los Angeles) facility on March 10, 1962, and the charter was presented to 20 charter members by Grand President* Beatrice Hill Wittenberg (Stanford, 1923).
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Pictured above: The Gamma Eta Chapter facility in 1963.