Rho Chapter was installed at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa, on June 15, 1915.
The chapter began as a local group called Sigma Rho, supervised by Cora Jackson Carson (Syracuse, 1896). Formal inspection of the group was made by Carrie Morgan (Wisconsin-Madison, 1885) and Katherine Silverson (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1903). Ten charter members were initiated by Gamma Chapter (Wisconsin-Madison) on June 15, 1915, directed by Margaret Nachtrieb Kelley (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1910).
Pictured above: The Rho Chapter facility as shown in The Story of Gamma Phi Beta, 1921.