Sigma Chapter was installed at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, on October 9, 1915.
Under the leadership of Helen Rhonda Hoopes (Kansas, 1915), faculty member, and Marie Goodman (Michigan, 1892), The Crescent Club was formed in March, 1915, to petition Gamma Phi Beta. The group was investigated by Katherine Silverson (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1903) and Mabelle Miller (Michigan, 1901) and Convention granted the charter. Nineteen women became charter members in the home of one of the initiates, Isabel Gilmore (Kansas, 1915), with Margaret Nachtrieb Kelley (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1910) and Mildred Peery (Nebraska-Lincoln, 1915) conducting the Initiation.
Pictured above: The Sigma Chapter facility as shown in The Story of Gamma Phi Beta, 1921.