Theta Chapter was installed at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado, on December 28, 1897.
Alpha Iota, a local sorority at the University of Denver, petitioned at Convention 1897 for a charter. The votes of the delegates were favorable and Alpha Iota became Theta Chapter (Denver) with 15 charter members. The installation was conducted by Irma Thayer and Honta Smalley (both Michigan, 1895), Louise Klock (Syracuse), Ruth Philippi Sparling (Northwestern, 1896) and Louise White Haller (Northwestern, 1895).
Pictured above: The Theta Chapter facility as shown in The Story of Gamma Phi Beta, 1921. This facility has also been called the Theta Lodge.